Maven's Path to Product-Market Fit & more
The Growth Letter 105
Welcome to the new members of the Growth Letter who have joined us since last Tuesday. I hope you are enjoying the content. Feel free to send me a message on LinkedIn with your ideas and thoughts.
If you like the newsletter, share it with others.
Today at a glance:
Article: Lessons for Leveraging Community in the Early Days of Maven
Post: Get your MVP running
Media: Microsoft vs Google
Tool: Notion content to SEO-friendly blog
Kate Ryder’s Maven was an idea bred out of the most personal conversations with her friends about “family planning and fertility.” After all, “there’s no one-size-fits-all experience when it comes to having a child,” she said. With a carefully construed plan and idea validation, Ryder went on to build Maven which hit unicorn status in 2021 after raising 110 million in Series D.
A fantastic read and execution of a problem that persists across the world.
Bill Murphy provides a list of 50+ budget-friendly tools that can help you build your MVP (Minimum Viable Product). Get your ideas validated by the tools he mentions he mentions in his post.
OpenAI created one of the best & advanced AI chatbot - ChatGPT which has taken the internet and the world by storm. Now OpenAI is looking for a $10 billion investment from Microsoft with the goal to challenge Google’s search engine. If agreed, this would value OpenAI at $29 billion.
You can read more about this here.
Feather.so allow you to write your content on Notion and automatically publish it to your SEO-friendly blog – No coding or design skills are required. You can create as many blog sites as you'd like and won’t be charged for creating additional sites.
SOSTAC is a widely used planning model for marketing and business planning, and it helps to define the current situation, set clear objectives, develop a strategy, plan tactics and action, and establish control mechanisms to monitor progress and make adjustments as needed.
An Example of SOSTOC being implemented:
A small business looking to increase online sales:
1) In this case, the Situation Analysis might involve researching the current market for the business's products, identifying key competitors, and analysing consumer behavior.
2) The Objectives might be to increase website traffic by 20% and boost online sales by 15%.
3) The Strategy might involve improving the website's search engine optimization (SEO) and implementing targeted online advertising campaigns.
4) Tactics might include creating and distributing informative content, running social media promotions, and investing in paid advertising.
5) The Action plan would involve specific tasks, responsibilities, and timelines for implementing the tactics and the
6) Control step would involve monitoring the website analytics and making adjustments to the strategy as needed.
It is important to note that SOSTAC is a flexible framework and that it can be customized to fit the specific needs of your business.
Tim’s Hiring Zone:
You can find growth-related jobs here.